Definitions and Interpretation
- “Account” refers to a user’s subscription account for use of Condé Nast services.
- “Condé Nast” refers to Condé Nast Independent Magazines (Pty) Ltd, situate at 220 Loop Street, CPI House, 2nd Floor, Cape Town ,8001.
- “Content” includes any information, cookies, data, text, streaming content, software, designs, graphics, images, photographs, music, sounds, messages, tags, hyperlinks or other content contained on the Website;
- “Cookies” are small amounts of information that may be sent to and stored on users’ computers.
- “ECTA” refers to the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (2 of 2000).
- “Home page” means the primary entry point webpage of a website;
- “User” refers to any person accessing and/ or using any part of the Website in his or her personal or other capacity; including any advertiser, subscriber, blogger, member, contributor or other User; non-withstanding the fact that said person only visits the homepage of the Website;
- “Website” refers to the Condé Nast magazines’ website, or www.gq.co.za, including all sub-pages, parts or elements thereof, excluding links to external websites;
- Hyperlinks that are not operational will not detract from the validity and interpretation of the Terms and Conditions of the Website;
- References herein to the male include the female, and vice versa; and
- References herein to the singular include the plural, and vice versa.
Access and usage by users
Please study these Terms and Conditions carefully, as persons using or accessing the Website for any reason whatsoever acknowledge, understand, agree and subject themselves to the Terms and Conditions of Condé Nast.
If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Website as your use constitutes your agreement with the Terms and Conditions.
Condé Nast may modify these Terms and Conditions without prior notice to users. Amendments shall take effect as and when published. Notice of revisions shall be posted on this Website, and users’ continued usage constitute acceptance of amendments.
Failure to comply with the Website’s Terms and Conditions may lead to immediate termination of access to the Website without notice to the user(s).
Users should be advised that they are using the Website and services at their own risk. The Website is provided ‘as is’, and to the extent permitted by applicable law and subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and (6) of the ECTA, Condé Nast hereby expressly disclaim any and all express or implied warranties in respect of Website content or offers.
Should you have any questions or queries relating to the Website’s Terms and Conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ownership and contents
All material on the Website, including trademarks and data, belongs to Condé Nast or its licensors. Condé Nast allows users to retrieve and display content from the Website on a computer screen; to copy content; to download content to a local and individual hard drive; and to print individual pages provided that such usage is only for personal or non-commercial usage.
Users may not make commercial or other unauthorised use by means of publication, re-transmission, distribution, performance, caching or otherwise of material obtained from or through the Website without prior written consent from Condé Nast.
Content is protected from national and international intellectual property infringements: Any reproduction of any part or content of this Website shall include the following copyright notice: © Condé Nast 2010 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Material posted by users and third parties
No postings to discussion boards, weblogs or similar platforms are private. Condé Nast may delete, use, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute and sub-licence any information provided or communicated to the Website via such postings, in any existing medium or medium still to be developed, for any purpose.
Comments or postings are not endorsed, supported, sanctioned, encouraged or verified by Condé Nast and Condé Nast may in no manner be held responsible or accountable for any defamatory, offensive, illicit or false information provided by others on the Website.
Users should beware that information provided by third parties or other users does not amount to professional advice or similar, and users are encouraged to seek professional assistance where necessary.
Whereas Condé Nast has a right to review, edit, alter, move or delete any material posted by users or third parties, there is no duty on Condé Nast to do so. Such actions will be undertaken at the sole discretion and without notice by Condé Nast.
Links, linkage and framing
Any links from the Website to a third party website does not amount to an endorsement or guarantee of the third party website; and Condé Nast shall not be held directly or indirectly accountable as result of the contents or lack of contents on a linked third party website.
Condé Nast also does not accept responsibility or liability for any third party practices on third party websites, and advises users to consult third party websites’ terms and conditions in this regard.
Although third parties may link to the Website, such link must be directed to the homepage of the Website. Where a link is directed to any other page of the Website, prior written consent from Condé Nast is required. No linkage shall be permitted where the contents of a third party website is in any way offensive, distasteful or controversial.
No framing or bordering of any part or page of this Website is allowed without prior written consent from Condé Nast. Third party websites may not imply that Condé Nast is in any way endorsing the products or services offered on such website.
Condé Nast is committed to ensuring users’ online safety as far as is reasonably possible. Users should ensure should not divulge their user names and passwords to any other persons.
Condé Nast will not disclose users’ information to any third parties without users’ consent, but may under certain circumstances disclose information to national and international legal authorities; as is prescribed by section 51 of the ECTA.
Condé Nast collects users’ information when users voluntarily complete online forms or surveys or sends an e-mail or message to Condé Nast. Information provided by users in this context shall be used for the purpose for which it is provided unless users are otherwise informed at the time of furnishing Condé Nast with the information. Condé Nast may use such information to contact users and for non-personal or identifiable research purposes. Condé Nast retains the right to otherwise use unidentifiable information.
As prescribed by section 21 of the ECTA, no information, content or data on this website is an offer. No agreements shall be concluded merely by the sending of a data message to this website or Condé Nast.