The queen of Afropop, Nigerian superstar Yemi Alade recently sat down with the maker of DJ Khaled’s favourite beverage, premium French sparkling wine brand, Luc Belaire, to discuss what it means to be self-made.
While watching the interview, led by Brett Berish, we were surprised to discover a few things we didn’t know about the ‘Bum Bum’ songstress.
- She wanted to be an astronaut, nurse, a clown, and a teacher when she was a little girl.
- She sang lead vocals in the church choir.
- She has a BSc degree in Geography.
- Her breakout hit, ‘Johnny’ is the highest viewed video by an African artist.
- Her definition of being successful is having the ability to give back to others.
Watch below, to find out more about Yemi…
Now that you know Ms Alade a bit better, peep her latest vocal and visual offering for the track ‘How I Feel’…
Want more breaking celebrity news? Click here.