Carley Studios, a wellness, aesthetic and beauty salon, has opened their doors in Green Point. The salon offers unique wellness and slimming treatments such as Lipolaser – the medical miracle of lipolaser treatments and the best non-invasive alternative to liposuction, the FAR Infrared Sauna Dome, delivering on slimming and health benefits, as well as the ‘Kardashian-approved’ LED Light Therapy Mask. LED Light Therapy, also referred to as LED Phototherapy is an internationally renowned treatment which reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improves uneven skin tone, reduces the size of your pores and brightens your skin. It’s basically a holiday – but for your face!
This is what you need to know about this innovative treatment Hollywood swears by:
- LED stands for Light Emitting Diode, which is a computer chip encased in a glass-like resin, which emits therapeutic wavelengths (or colours) of light energy.
- Light therapy was originally developed to fast-track the healing of wounds and post-surgery scars; however, it was later found to also rejuvenate healthy skin. A happy coincidence indeed!
- If the therapeutic light energy is in the correct wavelength, the cells in the dermis layer of the skin will convert that light energy into ATP (adenosine triphosphate), which is the fuel that the cell uses to do its job.
- The fibroblast cells in the dermis layer have the job of producing collagen and elastin, thus, LED gives the cells a full tank of fuel and these fibroblast cells start to produce collagen and elastin like when one was 20-25 years old.
- LED is the only aesthetic device that has no contra-indications of any kind. It is good for all skin types, colours and conditions.
- In-salon treatments are recommended two to three times a week for a course of four to six weeks. Ideal for pre-wedding prep or before a big event.
- One session only takes 20 minutes.
Carmen Shamley, the founding owner of Carley Studios, says “At Carley Studios, we want to create an experience that leaves you feeling relaxed and restored. The treatments are all very different with targeted health and skin benefits for both men and woman. All our treatments come together to complement each other perfectly! We strive to stay on top of innovation trends and provide our clients with treatments that have been scientifically proven for great results.”
Carley Studios is situated at 34 Somerset Road, Sovereign Quay, Green Point in Cape Town or visit their website here to make your booking!
Want more beauty tips and tricks? Click here.