Dreamy destination: Magical Marrakech
Palaces, snow-capped mountains, sensational shopping, fabulous food, great history… Marrakech is truly memorable. Founded 1 000 years ago, this UNESCO heritage site bursts with colour and intensity, from snake charmers to hammams (Turkish baths) which will leave you feeling like melted butter.
- See the Majorelle Garden’s Yves Saint Laurent Museum, a tribute to the genius who loved the city.
- Have a drink on a rooftop like Kechmara Bar Restaurant.
- Experience a hammam – like a spa, but better! You’ll be steamed, scrubbed and massaged.
- Shop the labyrinthian Souk for treasures, from scented oils to gorgeous jewellery.
- Walk the historic Kasbah for vibrant street life, rich architecture and the scent of orange blossoms.
- Explore the Maison de la Photographie, then have lunch on the museum’s top terrace.
- Wonder at the craftsmanship and beauty of the 16th-century Saadian Tombs.
If you love luxe romance, the renowned La Sultana hotel is a haven of courtyards, chandeliers and rose-filled fountains. The highlights include the spa and the rooftop terrace for Berber pancakes and pastries, or sundowners overlooking the Saadian Tombs and distant Atlas mountains. Visit lasultanahotels.com.
Get ready to bargain – and to buy an extra suitcase! Perfumes, carvings, carpets, richly embellished jewellery, stunning kaftans, leather slippers, hand-woven fabrics, and argan oil by the barrel… if you love exotic crafts, fragrant pleasures and beauty, you’ll love shopping here – and at prices that won’t make your SA eyes water.
Want to go on holiday but don’t have time for the organisational details that need to be taken care of? An all-inclusive vacay could be what you need!