What you’ll need
- 60ml champagne vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 30ml finely diced shallots
- 5ml sugar
- 5ml freshly chopped chives or parsley
- Pinch each of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 18 fresh oysters, shucked
- Seaweed for garnishing
- Combine all the mignonette ingredients and let the mixture stand for 30 minutes. Pour into a small serving jug or ramekin.
- Place the oysters, still each in their half shell, on a bed of ice garnished with seaweed.
- Serve with the mignonette sauce in the centre of the platter.
Tip: The leftover mignonette can be mixed at a 1:2 ratio with olive oil to make a delicious salad vinaigrette.
Extracted from Brunch Across 11 Countries by Alix Verrips (Human & Rousseau; R390)