3 Tips to looking good according to the winners of the SA Style Awards
The South African Style Awards is a spectacular showcase of style and business innovators, revered and recognised for their unique footprint across an array of industries. This year marks the 21st celebration of the awards ceremony, to be held this Sunday, and to honour the occasion, we caught up with the oh-so-fashionable winners to find out their top three tips to looking good.
Tristan Du Plessis
- Dress like the person you aim to be – let your aspirations be your inspiration.
- Don’t follow trends for the sake of being fashionable. Instead, take the elements you like from what’s currently on trend, and make them your own.
- Above all else, wear what makes you feel good!
- Know yourself, who you are, what makes you smile and let that confidence in your self-knowledge shine through.
- Make sure that you feel comfortable in the skin you’re in but also in the clothes you wear. The fit is important. Your clothes must accentuate the parts of your body that you love and be forgiving to those parts that you don’t.
- Strive in every situation and circumstance to be the best version of yourself. That’s all that life can ask of you, to be the best you that you can be.
- Make taking care of your skin a priority. There’s nothing as strikingly beautiful as glowing, hydrated, dewy skin (regardless of your age).
- Wear clothing that flatters your figure, rather than being a slave to fashion. Learn what shapes and silhouettes work for you and build your wardrobe around some great staple items.
- I recently wrote a blog post on the importance of well-shaped eyebrows. They can balance the proportions of your face, and work wonders to make you look younger.
- Always keep it clean – don’t overcomplicate things.
- Make sure your items are well fitted. A little bit of tailoring goes a long way.
- Play around with classic looks, but don’t be afraid to add your own personality.
Stay tuned for the rest of the winners’ answers, and click here for the full list of SA Style Award honorees.