Looking for a fresh weekend drink? Put a Latin spin on your classic lemonade!
Sip on this sweet and sour delight, served in a small glass jug topped with green apple foam and speckled with fresh mint for an authentic feel.
What you’ll need
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- ⅓ cup sugar or agave syrup to taste
- Place the apple, lime juice and mint leaves into a blender. Add water and ice to make up 1 litre.
- Blend until the apple is completely liquidised and the lemonade frothy.
- Either add the sugar to the blender or make a sugar syrup and serve separately in a little jug.
- For the syrup, dissolve the sugar in a little water over a low heat, then leave the mixture to thicken for a few minutes before setting aside to cool.
- Serve in a large glass pitcher with glasses chilled to frosted perfection.
Extracted from Bite of Latin America by Susie Chatz-Anderson (Human & Rousseau; R340)
Cocktails? Yum! Sugar? Not so much. That’s why we’re so excited about these skinny cocktails!