This nutritious dish is perfect for your next dinner party!
Reducing meat, dairy and eggs in your diet leads to weight loss, a healthier heart and longer living. And that’s why we love this nutritious, grain-based recipe – it’s as hearty and delicious as your favourite home-cooked meal, without any harmful ingredients!
QUINOA WITH CHILLI-LEMON EGGPLANT AND CHICKPEAS
What you’ll need
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained and patted dry
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups cooked Tipiak Quinoa Gourmand
- 1 ripe tomato, cut into wedges
- 200g full cream yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Handful fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- Squeeze of lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Salt the cubed eggplant and drain in a colander for 30 minutes, then rinse and pat dry. Toss with the chickpeas, red chilli, lemon, oregano and olive oil.
- Place in a single layer on a large oven tray and bake at 200°C for 30-40 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the eggplant is cooked through and the chickpeas are beginning to crisp.
- Combine the yoghurt, garlic, basil leaves and lemon juice to create a dressing and season to taste.
- Divide the quinoa between two to four bowls. Top with the tomato wedges, roasted veg and chickpeas (and any juices from the roasting tray), and drizzle with the basil yoghurt dressing. Serve immediately.