BERRY AND BASIL ICE CREAM
What you’ll need
- 1 slice of low-GI bread (at least two days old)
- 175g frozen berries, chopped
- 1 large sprig of fresh basil
- ½ tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup full fat yoghurt
- 4 ginger biscuits
- Add the bread, frozen chopped berries, basil, balsamic vinegar, sugar and yoghurt to a food processor and blitz until pulped.
- Pour the mixture into a freezable rectangular flat container and allow the berry mixture to set to a soft ice cream consistency (about 45 minutes).
- In the meantime, place the ginger biscuits onto an A4-size piece of wax paper and crush using a rolling pin.
- When you’re ready to serve, take the berry ice cream out of the freezer and dish it into four serving bowls.
- Sprinkle the crushed ginger biscuits on top straight away so the biscuits don’t go soggy, and enjoy!