Impress your health-conscious guests with these tasty sliders!
PORTOBELLO AND HALLOUMI SLIDERS
What you’ll need
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 2 square slices halloumi
- Salt and pepper
- 4 thick slices tomato
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- Heat a griddle pan to a medium-high heat.
- While the pan heats up, mix the balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a bowl. Place the mushrooms gill side down in the mixture.
- When the pan is hot, grill the mushrooms on the gill side first for about 5 minutes or until they start to sweat. Turn the mushrooms over and grill for another 2–3 minutes.
- Add the halloumi to the pan and grill for 2 minutes on each side until it becomes brown on the outside and soft in the centre. Sprinkle some salt and pepper onto the tomato.
- Using the mushroom as the two halves of a roll, place the halloumi inside as the burger patty, and top it with the tomato and basil leaves.
Looking for the perfect vegan burger? We’ve got the recipe you need to try, right here!