Spice up your go-to meat with this scrumptious recipe!
There are so many reasons to love chicken: it’s versatile, packed with protein, affordable and downright delicious! That’s why we’re so obsessed with this spicy, Banting-friendly recipe that takes this pantry staple to the next level.
MOROCCAN LEMON CHICKEN ON SPINACH
(Serves 2 – 4)
What you’ll need
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 60ml lemon juice
- 75ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Salt and pepper
- 300g spinach
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 95g Moroccan spice rub
- Make a lemon dressing by combining the garlic, lemon juice, 15ml of the olive oil and the chopped mint. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- To prepare the spinach, soak the leaves in cold water. Drain the leaves and then pour boiling water over them, enough to cover the leaves. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Drain the spinach again, leave to cool, and chop roughly.
- Place the spinach into a pot or high-sided pan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3–5 minutes or until the water has evaporated and the spinach is tender.
- Cut the chicken fillets in half and then rub with the spice mix and remaining olive oil.
- Thread the chicken onto bamboo skewers that have been pre-soaked in water, and sear in a hot pan (use a griddle pan for best results) for 1–2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Season lightly.
- Place a skewer or two of chicken onto a bed of tender spinach, spoon over the lemon dressing and serve.