The best vegan burger ever!
There’s something about piling up all the best ingredients between two toasted buns that makes it pretty much unbeatable in terms of comfort food. With this great recipe, you can now bite into a delicious burger without the added guilt!
CORN AND CHICKPEA BURGERS
For the patties:
- 400g chickpeas
- 150g canned sweetcorn
- Handful of coriander
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Zest and juice from ½ lime
- 3 tbsp aqua faba (chickpea water from the can)
- 4 tbsp whole wheat flour, extra for dusting
- Oil, for frying
- 6 burger rolls, toasted
- Avocado, thinly sliced
- 150ml vegan mayo mixed with 1½ tsp Sriracha and juice from ½ lime
- 6 tbsp cashew cream cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Handful of rocket
- Fresh coriander
- To make the patties, place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until the mixture is combined, but still chunky.
- Cover your hands with flour and shape the mixture into 6 or more round patties. Place in the fridge for half an hour.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the patties until they are brown and crusty on both sides.
- Toast the buns, smear some vegan mayo on the bottom one, then cover with avocado and a burger patty.
- Top off your burger with tomato, cream cheese, rocket and fresh coriander.
Anett Velsberg is a recipe developer, food photographer and stylist residing in Cape Town. She loves to create healthy, wholesome food that looks amazing as well. After all, you eat with your eyes, right? Find more of her recipes on her blog and follow her on Instagram for daily food inspiration.
Want more from Anett? She’s made a rainbow bowl so pretty, you’ll be happy to eat your veggies!