We’ve been over soggy sandwiches in our lunchboxes pretty much since the first day of school. Luckily there are plenty of options that help you beat the afternoon office slump while still tasting amazing.
The answer to your packed lunch dilemma? Couscous and quinoa. They’re not only healthy, flavourful and filling but making a nutrient-packed salad with either ingredient is a cinch. They taste just as delicious cold as they do hot, so make a batch on the weekend, keep it in the fridge and quickly pop in some fresh ingredients on a weekday morning. The ultimate lunchbox in minutes!
Tipiak, a leading gourmet style French food company, has shared two awesome recipes that you can try this week.
- 1 sachet Provencal Style couscous, cooked
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 courgettes, thinly sliced lengthways
- ½ yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 round feta cheese, crumbled
- Handful of rocket
- Drizzle the olive oil over the courgettes and yellow pepper, place onto a griddle pan and grill on both sides.
- Toss the couscous, courgette, pepper, feta and rocket together.
- Place in to a takeaway container, pack and go!
- 1 sachet wholewheat couscous, cooked
- ½ punnet mixed berries
- Handful of cherries
- Handful of nuts, chopped
- Drizzle of honey
- Toss the couscous, berries, cherries, and nuts together.
- Drizzle with honey, pack and go!