How to create a French twist braid
But there’s more to these little guys than keeping your hair in place at the gym. Here an easy updo tutorial from Jenny Strebe using invisibobbles. Oh, and if you don’t have any yet, get them here!
- Divide your hair into 3 – create a middle parting, then divide two front sections from the back of your hair. Clip each section away from the others.
- Start with the back sections. Split the section into two, and twist each section. Then twist the two twisted strands together.
- Pull at the final twist to give it a more relaxed look and create a bit of volume.
- Twist the section up into a messy bun at the back of your head. Secure with an invisibobble (or regular hair tie if you don’t have one).
- Release the front sections and twist each one. Tease each twist like you did before, then sweep back and secure into the bun. You can use a few bobby pins to keep it in place.
- Set with a bit of hairspray.
Emmy is the daughter of a sailor, animal loving, coffee addicted, beauty product junkie editor of Rouge.
Love experimenting with new updos? Here’s how to recreate the Chanel ‘croissant’, THE hair trend of 2016. More of a easy, breezy kind of girl? Here’s how you can create easy beach waves (without the ocean).