3 Hairstyles to hide dirty hair
We all have those days when we just don’t have the time or energy to wash our locks. Besides that, washing your hair everyday just simply isn’t good for it.
The great news is, we’ve found 3 fuss-free hairstyles that’ll totally hide the dirt in seconds – or at least make it look intentional!
1. Apply dry shampoo to your roots and ends to give your hair a matte finish, then backcomb your hair at the crown of your head to give it texture.
2. Starting on one side, gently twist your hair back and away from your face in a rolling motion, adding from the hairline as you go down each side.
3. Every time you add a section, mist the area with hairspray and secure it with a bobby pin. Continue until you reach your ear. Secure and repeat on the other side.
4. Once the side twists are in place, pin up the rest of your hair section by section to create a low, messy bun near the nape of your neck. Secure loose pieces of hair with bobby pins.
5. Mist your updo generously with a strong hairspray to keep it in place.
1. Gather your hair into a messy ponytail and secure.
2. Make a loop in the pony using a second hair tie. Pull and enlarge the loop until it reaches your desired messiness.
3. Choose a thin long scarf. Centre the scarf over your forehead, pull it around your head and crisscross it at the nape of your neck.
4. Pull the ends of the scarf to the front again and cross them over at the front of your head.
5. Twist the ends of the scarf around each other and then wrap them to the nape of your neck again. Tie the scarf into a knot and tuck the ends into the wrap.
1. Apply volumising powder on your roots. Massage it into your scalp while blow drying it with cold air.
2. Braid a 5cm section of hair along your hairline on both sides of your head. Tie the braids with a clear elastic.
3. Roughly braid a few random small sections of hair all over your head.
4. Bring your hair (including the first 2 braids) back into a low, messy ponytail. Leave out a few pieces of hair, and a braid or two, so that they hang around your face.
5. Spread a bit of dry shampoo onto your fingers and massage into your scalp to mess up the style a little.
For more hair tips and tricks, click here.