5 Quick fitness fixes for summer
1 ‘Y’ squats for a bootylicious bum
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart holding your arms out and above in a ‘Y’ formation at all times.
- Keep your abs tight and your back ‘switched on’ with your shoulders relaxed and squarely over your hips.
- Sit back as if you were going to sit on a bench. Then stand up, straightening your legs, and repeat.
2 Clap push-ups for toned arms
- Lie face down, placing both hands down on the floor, slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Lift yourself so that only your toes and hands are in contact with the floor and do a standard push-up.
- Maintain a correct alignment – ears, shoulders, hips and ankles all in line.
- At the top of the movement (push-up), rapidly clap your hands together before repeating the exercise.
3 Frontal raises for sexy shoulders
- Stand holding dumbbells in both hands while resting your hands on your thighs and knuckles facing forward.
- Raise the dumbbells in front of you to shoulder height, maintaining a slight bend at the elbow.
- Lower slowly and repeat. Don’t swing or use momentum to lift the dumbbells.
4 Side lunge knee-lift for toned thighs
- From a standing position, take a deep step out to the side.
- Your inside leg should be straight whilst your outside leg should be bent at the knee.
- Drive off the outside foot to stand upright whilst driving the outside knee upwards towards the chest.
- This results in a knee-lift – take that leg directly back into the lunge and repeat with other leg.
5 Side shuffle touchdowns for full-body fun
- Adopt a ‘ready’ stance.
- From here, shuffle laterally for three steps, then touching the floor with the outside hand.
- Repeat in the opposite direction for and keep going for20 seconds. Take a rest and repeat.