Valentine’s Day is almost upon us! So We asked Lana Pienaar, Inglot MUA, to give us her pro tips on creating the perfect Valentine’s pout.
1. Exfoliate you lips by using a soft toothbrush or paste made from sugar and water. Gently rub for 20 seconds. This will eliminate dry and flaky lips.
2. Use a moisturising primer before applying lipstick. Inglot Under Make-up Base, R249 will give you an even, moisturised surface for your lipstick to adhere to.
3. Use a lip liner to define the lip and correct imperfections. Begin by drawing the ‘V’ of the top lip, then the corners, and then connect the lines. Colour-in the entire lip with the liner, as this will make your lipstick last longer.
4. Choose the best shade for your skin tone: Light skin tones suit corals, pinks and nudes. Medium Skin tones suit berry, rose and mauve tones. Dark skins suit caramel, walnut, plum and wine colours. Full lips can wear darker colours, while lighter colours will make thin lips look fuller.
5. Apply your lipstick with a brush – you will have a longer-lasting application and save on the amount of product you use.
6. To make your lips look bigger, apply a soft nude shadow under your bottom lip. Add a pop of gloss to the centre of your lower lip and lightly press your lips together.
Emmy is the daughter of a sailor, animal loving, coffee addicted, beauty product junkie editor of rouge.co.za