You know the scenario: you’ve hit what you thought was the snooze button, but you actually turned off your alarm, and now you have precisely nine and half minutes to get ready and out the door.
Here are our 5 top tips for getting your face on at the speed of light.
- Keep it simple. Now is not the time for liquid liner or a full smoky eye.
- Apply foundation and concealer – even though blending will consume precious time, foundation will hide a multitude of sins, saving you time in the long run.
- Have a stand-by palette of neutral shades that suit your skin tone. We love Inglot’s Freedom System that allows you to fill an empty palette with textures and colours you’ll actually use.
- Stick with textures that can be blended or smudged. Mistakes with waterproof formulas take time and effort to fix. Stick to soft kohls and creamy formulas.
- If you’re seriously stuck for time, opt for a sweep of mascara and a bright lip. The pop of colour will brighten your complexion and detract from the rest of your face.
Words: Emmy Schofield; Photograph: Jonathan Taylor