How to get Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s smoky eye
If there’s one person who really wowed at the Cannes Film Festival this year, it was British supermodel Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. We didn’t only fall in love with her white Dior dress she wore to the amFAR Gala, but her gorgeous smoky eye too. Soft, simple, yet oh-so-sultry, here are five easy steps to getting the look at home!
1. Find an eye shadow palette with a few nude shades (we recommend Woolworths Eye Shadow Quad in Perfect Nude, R140). Apply the palest shade over the whole lid.
2. Smudge a dark brown eye pencil along the top and bottom lash lines, making sure you fill in the areas between the lashes too. (We love Maybelline Master Drama Khol Liner in Dark Brown, R99.95.) Use a bullet shaped brush to blend this upwards on your top lash line and outwards on the bottom.
3. Blend the medium shade in the palette from your lashes up to your brow bone. Then, blend it outwards and upwards towards the edge of your brow and below your bottom lash line.
4. Add a light dusting of a silver shadow on the middle of the lid – it will give the look depth. Try Inglot AMC Eye Shadow Shine in 28 (R159).
4. To get longer lashes try curling them, then apply a few coats of volumising mascara like L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara (R155.95).
Emmy is the daughter of a sailor, animal loving, coffee addicted, beauty product junkie editor of rouge.co.za