10 reasons why our junior fashion ed is excited about SAFW
SA Fashion Week is almost upon us and our junior fashion ed, Marishka Denicker, will be hitting all the shows to pick up on the latest trends! Here are (just) 10 reasons why she can’t wait to hit SAFW:
– Coming from Cape Town, hitting the Joburg scene will be a welcome experience!
– I am hat-crazy and having always been a big fan of Albertus Swanepoel, I simply can’t wait to see the launch of his spring/summer sportswear collection, which was produced in SA.
– Our former fashion assistants Roxanne and Robyn will be debuting their shoe range (Roxanne & Robyn) in rising star Anmari Honiball’s show.
– Joel Janse van Vuuren is having a media preview, which I always love as it gives me insight into the show I’m about to see.
– I’m always on the lookout for new talent, so I’ll be keeping my eye out for cutting-edge designers.
– Hitting the Clive Rundle sale – need I say anymore?
– A luxurious room at the Crowne Plaza Hotel where I’ll be able to rest my tired feet after a long night of viewing.
– Finding hot, new items and looks for upcoming fashion shoots!
– Going backstage, meeting all the talented, new designers and hanging out with some of the more established fashionistas.
– Is there ever a better time to get dressed up to the nines and drink bubbly with my fashion friends?
Marishka will be Tweeting live from all the shows so follow her on Twitter @Marishka_D for the latest trend updates. Be sure to stay posted to GLAMOUR.co.za as we bring you all the latest shows straight from the runways of Joburg!