How to get the perfect braid!
I absolutely love fishtail plaits, and thanks to a youth spent riding horses, I’m a dab hand at plaits of all shapes and forms. While many of you may be able to do a simple braid or french plait, here’s an easy step-by-step guide on to how to do your own fishtail plait and look as fabulous any celeb:
1. Divide the piece of hair you want to plaint into two sections.
2. Hold both sections in one hand, with your index finger in the middle as a divider.
3. Using your other hand, take a small strand from underneath the one half, bringing it outwards, and over the top, to the centre, and add to the other half.
4. Repeat this in the opposite direction – so take a small piece from the outside of the half you’ve just added over to the other side.
5. Let the sections hang free as you work your way downwards. The bits that you bring up and round will, in essence, wrap the halves, and keep them in place.
Although you may not get it the first time, just keep trying a few times until you get it right, besides, my favourite way to wear this plait is messed-up and disheveled. You can do this by gently pulling the plait outwards to loosen it, set it with hairspray and you’ll be red-carpet ready!
Emmy is the daughter of a sailor, animal loving, coffee addicted, beauty product junkie editor of rouge.