So many girls want to wear falsies, but don’t because they don’t know how to apply them. But trust us, like anything; it’s really easy when you know how. (It’s a very good idea to practice with an inexpensive pair – Dischem and Clicks have great ones for around R40.)
The tools you’ll need to apply the lashes are a good pair of tweezers (or try the QVS Eyelash Applicator set from Woolworths) and eyelash glue. Don’t use the stuff that comes in the box, rather get yourself a tube of Duo Adhesive (you’ll find this at MAC counters) – as this is the glue of choice of make-up artists everywhere! It sticks like crazy, but is still suitable for sensitive eyes.
1. Using tweezers, gently peel the lashes off their stand.
2. Test the length of the lashes against your own, and trim them to fit. (Remember that the short lashes will sit closest to your nose).
3. Squeeze a dot of adhesive on the back of your hand – and holding the lashes with tweezers, run the closed band of the lashes through it. Don’t overload it, but do make sure the whole band is covered. Then apply an extra small blob at each end – this is where lashes are most likely to come loose.
4. Holding the lashes with tweezers in the middle near the band, but not touching the glue, face a mirror with your head tilted slightly backward. (This will give you the best view of your lash line). Place the lashes onto your eyelid, as close to your own lashes as possible, (but not touching them). Once they are perfectly aligned, you can gently press them down onto your skin. Pay special attention to the ends!
5. Work along the whole lash line, by pressing the lashes into your skin. You could use an eyeliner brush to do this if you don’t want to ruin any eye make-up you’re wearing.
6. Wait 2 or 3 minutes for the glue to dry.
7. Fill-in any gaps between the falsies and your natural lashes with an eyeliner or powder on a bullet shaped brush. If you’re confident enough, you could also use a liquid liner.
8. For full-on volume, apply a slick of mascara from the base of your natural lashes all the way up to the end of the falsies.
Although it seems really tricky, once you’ve tried it, it becomes as easy as applying mascara! Not sure you have the time and confidence? We’ve found a fabulous new mascara which will give you the falsies look!
Get more tips from Emmy, on GLAMOUR.
Emmy is the daughter of a sailor, animal loving, coffee addicted, beauty product junkie editor of rouge.co.za